Skip the dishes (& meat) with one-pot Sausage & Shiitake Mushroom Stroganoff. Our bangers bring the punch to the stroganoff party and the mushrooms bring the moves.
YIELD: 2 servings
Recipe & Photo credit: Jazzmin Kaita
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms soaked in 2 cups of water overnight
- 2 links of The Very British Bangers
- 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped (stems removed)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup liquid from soaked mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 cups dried shape pasta
- 1/3 cup non dairy milk salt & pepper to taste
- Drain the shiitake mushrooms, saving 1 cup of the soaking liquid to use in recipe. Remove and discard the Shiitake mushroom steams and then slice the shiitake mushrooms and chop the British Bangers into small pieces.
- Add the olive oil to a dutch oven pot or large pan over medium high heat, when the pot is hot add the celery, minced garlic, thyme, shiitake mushrooms, and British bangers. Cook for 5 mins or until everything is lightly browned.
- Add the vegetable broth, liquid from soaked mushrooms, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and mustard powder. Bring to a boil, then add the dried pasta and cook for 10 -12 mins or until pasta is al dente. Add the non dairy milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh herbs like thyme, cilantro or parsley.
Be sure to share your One Pot Sausage & Shiitake Mushroom Stroganoff with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat